A crucial Group B encounter between Wales and England will be played at the Ahmed bin Ali Arena on Tuesday as part of the final round of group games for the 2022 World Cup.
Wales vs. England Preview
Wales is now deeply established at the bottom of its pool and urgently requires a shock to extend its World Cup run. Following their stunning 2-0 defeat to Iran in their most recent match, the Dragons face a challenging uphill climb.
Although the U.S. and England were held to a scoreless tie days ago, England now tops its group. This week, England will strive to demonstrate their mettle as they have a chance to advance to the knockout stages.
Wales vs. England Match 2022
|Ahmed bin Ali Stadium
Wales vs. England Head-to-Head
- In 103 games played between the two sides, England has an enviable reputation vs. Wales, winning 68 games to Wales’ 14.
- England has won all six in their last six matches against Wales while scoring 11 goals and allowing just one.
- England’s three Euro matches versus British teams have gone undefeated; this is their first World Cup match against a British squad.
- England has only lost its last group game two times in the previous 14 World Cups; the most recent instance occurred vs. Belgium in 2018.
- Wales has dropped seven consecutive games across all tournaments for the first time until Nov 2003.
Wales vs. England Prediction
England is in a solid position to move far in the World Cup 2022 because it has one of the best squads. England must atone for their lack of concentration against the Americans in this game.
Wales has not achieved its competition objectives and is in a complex group. England must triumph in this matchup because they are currently the stronger team.
Prediction: 2 England- 1 Wales