On December 5, 1985, Shikhar Dhawan was born in Delhi, India. Sunaina and Mahendra Pal Dhawan conceived him. He enrolled in Delhi’s St. Mark’s Senior Secondary Public School.
He began receiving instruction at Sonnet Club when he was 12 years old under the direction of Coach Tarak Sinha, who has previously produced 12 cricketers who have competed internationally. When Shikhar originally joined the Club, he was a wicketkeeper.
Shikhar is a right-handed off-break bowler and occasionally a left-handed opening batter. Shikhar is known for his calm, collected, and aggressive batting approach, especially during ICC competitions. Shikhar was India’s top run scorer at the 2015 ICC World Cup.
Shikhar’s teammates gave him the moniker “Gabbar” because of his recognizable mustache.
Shikhar Dhawan Bio
|Gabbar, Jatt Ji, Daddy D
|Date of Birth
Net Worth & Salary
|Net Worth In INR
|Rs 25 Lakh per Year
|Per test match
|Rs 7 lakh
|Per one-day match
|Rs 4 lakh
|Per T20 match
|Rs 2 lakh
|Sources of income
|Jio, Nerolac Paints, Mutual Funds Sahi Hai, GS Caltex, fantasy cricket application Dream 11, Zero Risque, Fever FM, DB Dixon, StanceBeam, Boat, IMG Reliance, Ariel India, Vedantu Learn, and V Star
Dhawan returned to the Delhi-based IPL team in 2019 after playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad. The Delhi Capitals kept him on for the next IPL season. After being retained, Shikhar Dhawan’s IPL pay of INR 5.2 crores also stayed the same.
Consequently, the 34-year-old receives an annual pay of INR 10.2 crores from playing for India and in the IPL, thanks to his contracts with the BCCI and Delhi Capitals.
|Mahendra Pal Dhawan
|Rhea and Aliyah: Dhawan is a step-father
Cars & Bikes
He enjoys driving expensive vehicles from well-known manufacturers like Mercedes and Audi. He is rumored to possess a Range Rover Sports, BMW GT, and Audi A6. His projected luxury automobile expenditures are more than INR 3.5 crores. In his garage, he also keeps a Suzuki Hayabusa.
Dhawan owns opulent homes in both Mumbai and Delhi, both in India. In 2020, these properties are projected to be worth more than INR 13 crores.
He also has a home in Australia’s Clyde North, which he purchased for INR 6.7 crores. Every time he goes on a lengthy tour, his wife and three children remain in Australia.
Shikhar Dhawan Education
|St. Marks Senior Secondary Public School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
|5′ 11″ (1.79 m)
|71 Kgs (156 lbs)
Indian cricketer Shikhar Dhawan is a rising star. He is a left-handed opening batsman and a sporadic right-arm off-break bowler for Delhi Capitals in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Before making his Delhi debut in 2004, he previously played for the Indian Under-17 and Under-19 teams.
Shikhar led the Indian squad in scoring at the 2015 World Cup. The following year, he became the batsman to reach 3,000 ODI runs most quickly.
He became the second Indian to reach 4,000 runs in an ODI in 2017. Additionally, he holds the record for the most runs scored in a calendar year in T20 international cricket.
Shikhar Dhawan made his ODI debut in October 2010 in Visakhapatnam against Australia. He made his test debut against the comparable competition in 2013 in Mohali, finishing his innings with 187 runs off 174 balls and scoring the quickest Test century ever.
Shikhar has been a productive scorer in ICC competitions, topping the scoring charts in the Under-19 World Cup in 2004 and the Champions Trophy competitions in 2013 and 2017. He also holds the record for the fastest 1000-run milestone in ICC One Day International competitions.
He was the second-highest run-scorer in a List A game 2013 after scoring 248 runs off 150 balls against South Africa in Pretoria. In his 100th One Day International match against South Africa in Johannesburg’s Fourth One Day International, he became the first Indian and ninth overall to hit a century.
He joined Afghanistan in 2018 as the sixth batsman to get a century before lunch on the first day of a Test match.
- 2015 ICC World Cup: Most runs scored by an Indian player, 187 off 174 deliveries, fastest test century by a debutant.
- The only player to win the ICC Champions Trophy’s two straight golden bats
- Most ODI centuries by an Indian player in 2013
- After the 100th ODI, he had amassed 4309 runs—First Indian to achieve so and second overall.
- the first Indian batsman to reach 100 runs in a Test before noon
- Indians were the fastest to 1000, 2000, and 3000 runs in ODIs. They also scored the most runs in the 2013 and 2017 ICC Champions Trophies.
- Most runs in a T20 season are scored by batters, according to the fastest batter to achieve 1000 runs in an ICC event (2018).
|Sachin Tendulkar, Andy Flower
|Lord’s Cricket Ground, London
|Aamir Khan, Sylvester Stallone
|Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Wadali brothers
|“Mawa Thandiya Chava” by Gurdas Maan, “Sai” by Satinder Sartaj
|Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Dhawan is renowned for his kindness and sensitivity to social issues. He has donated to organizations for a while, but he prefers to keep the financial details private and avoids drawing attention to himself.
He gave the PM Cares Fund an unknown sum in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and asked Indians to do the same. He gave necessities and cricket equipment to the Delhi migrants in July 2020. He was influential in his goal of boosting the refugees’ spirits.
He was also spotted at a gala held by his country’s captain, Virat Kohli’s organization, to raise money for the Smile Foundation.
- He is from a middle-class Punjabi family with roots in Ludhiana.
- Shikhar’s relative once participated in Delhi Sonnet Club sports. He developed an interest in cricket after
- watching him play, and as a result, his father enrolled him in Tarak Sinha’s Delhi Sonnet Club.
- Shikhar Dhawan struck his first century in an Under-15 school event that same year.
- At one point, he was a national cricket team member and kept getting passed over by selectors. This frustrated him so much that he considered giving up the sport.
- He was dismissed on zero in his One Day International debut and scored 100 in his first Test.
- On his Test cricket debut, Dhawan was chosen ahead of Virender Sehwag, and his quickest century in a Test debut on just 85 balls more than justified his selection.
- His Ghajini hairdo and curled mustache sparked trends among the younger generation.
- Shikhar initially joined Sonnet Club as a wicketkeeper, but as his batting prowess developed, coach Tarak Sinha taught him as an opener.
- After taking a catch, he celebrates distinctively.
- His wife is 12 years his senior.
- Their mutual acquaintance, Harbhajan Singh, on Facebook, connected him to his wife, Ayesha Mukherji, who had migrated to Australia. Later, both of them entered into a relationship and wed.
What is the online value of Shikhar Dhawan?
Shikhar Dhawan’s net worth is reportedly between 80 and 100 million rupees.
What is the Salary of Shikhar Dhawan?
Dhawan receives a salary of over INR 60 lakhs per month and INR 8 crores per year.
What is Shikhar Dhawan’s Height?
The Height of Shikhar is 1.8 m.
Who was Shikhar Dhawan’s ex-wife?
Is Shikhar’s wife married twice?
No, Shikhar is not married twice.
What is the age difference between Shikhar Dhawan and his wife?
Twelve is an age gap between Ayesha & Shikhar.
What happened between Shikhar and Aesha?
Shikhar’s demanding schedule, commitment to his career as a cricket player, and Ayesha’s unfulfilled relationship goals indicate that the couple’s marriage was having trouble and may have collapsed.
Who is Rhea Dhawan?
Ayesha is around ten years older than Shikhar and has two daughters from a previous marriage, Rhea and Aliyah.