Rohit Sharma started as an off-spinner who could bat a bit before Lad noticed his batting ability and promoted him from number eight to open the innings. Youth and first-class domestic career Sharma made his List debut for West Zone against Central Zone in the Deodhar Trophy at Gwalior in March 2005.
He toured Abu Dhabi and Australia with India’s A team. He was then included in India’s 30-man probable list for the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy, although he did not make the final squad. Sharma made his first-class debut for India A against New Zealand in Darwin in July 2006. Mumbai won the tournament when Sharma scored a half-century in his second innings in the final against Bengal. Sharma spent his entire domestic first-class career in Mumbai.
Rohit Sharma Bio
|Full name||Rohit Gurunath Sharma|
|Nickname||Hitman, Ro, Shaana|
|Birthplace||Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|School||Swami Vivekanand International School and Junior College, Mumbai Our Lady of Vailankanni High School, Mumbai|
|Dating History||Sofia Hayat (Actress, rumor).|
Rohit and Ritika got married on 13 December 2015. A grand ceremony was held at the Taj Lands End Hotel in Mumbai, and plenty of celebrities from cricket and Bollywood were present for the wedding.
|Jersey Number||#45 (India), #45 (IPL)|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Net Worth||$24 Million|
|Net worth in INR||180 Crore INR|
|Salary||16 Crore +|
|Monthly income||1.2 Crore +|
|Car Model||Cost [INR]|
|Skoda Laura||12.92 lakh|
|Toyota Fortuner||35.15 lakh|
|3BMW X3||56.50 lakh|
|BMWM5||Starting from 1.55 crore|
|Mercedes GLS 350d||Starting from 1.05 crore|
|Lamborghini Urus||3.10 crore|
- He can speak four languages – English, Hindi, Marathi, and Telugu.
- Sharma’s idol is Virender Sehwag.
- Three Double Centuries – Rohit is the easiest batsman in the world to score three double centuries. His first double century (209) came against Australia in 2013 off a mere 158 balls in Bengaluru. His 2nd double century (264) was against Sri Lanka at Eden Gardens in 173 balls in 2014. Sharma achieved his third double century (208) against Sri Lanka at Chandigarh from 153 balls in 2017.
- Rohit scored an individual best in ODI (264) against Sri Lanka in 2014 at the Eden Gardens.
- He has won 5 IPL titles (2013,2015,2017,2019,2020), the most by any captain in IPL records.
- He is the best player to score three centuries in 3 unique formats.
- He has smashed five centuries in the World Cup 2019, the most by any batsman in a single version of the World Cup.
- He earned 122 cr rupees from IPL, the second most among cricketers playing IPL.
- Rohit has hit 426 sixes in worldwide cricket till now.
- With 2864 runs in 103 innings, Rohit Sharma is the 3rd highest run-scorer in the T20 world rankings.
- Rohit scored the fastest T20I hundred against Sri Lanka in just 35 balls in 2017.
- Rohit has made the most number of hundred and fifty+ scores in ODI cricket (six occasions).
- MS Dhoni modified Rohit’s profession after selling him as an opener in Champions Trophy 2013.
- Rohit wears forty-five no jerseys in worldwide cricket.
- The Mumbai batsman became India’s captain across all formats on 4 March 2021.
- Rohit Sharma was honored with the ‘Arjuna Award’ in 2015.
- 2015 – GQ award for Sportsman of the Year.
- Name blanketed in ICC ODI Team of the Year: 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- ICC ODI Player of the Year – 2019
- Awarded the Golden Bat for scoring the maximum number of runs in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- He won the Sportsman of the Year award from Indian Sports Honours. (Year – 2019)
- Rohit Sharma was offered the best sports honor in the United States, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, in 2020.