A tall, fashionable, proper-hand batsman who can preserve a wicket in a disaster, KL Rahul is a number of the maximum particularly rated establishing batters in India’s subsequent era. Rahul became part of India’s squad in the 2010 Under-19 World Cup and made his first-rate debut later that yr.
Rahul attracted attention at the subsequent IPL auction and ultimately went to Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs. 1 crore.
He became a regular member of their facet in the 2014 season, ordinarily as a wicketkeeper-batsman; however, his contributions with the bat had been constant instead of mind-blowing.
Rahul had a middling excursion of Australia with India A group in July-August 2014, getting begins whenever he batted within the unofficial Tests; however, handiest dealing with a top score of 52. His appetite for runs became again regular by the point the 2014-15 domestic season commenced, and twin centuries in the Duleep Trophy final earned him a place in India’s Test squad on their tour of Australia.
|Full name||Kannur Lokesh Rahul|
|Birthplace||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Role||Opening batsman wicketkeeper|
|Education||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)|
KL Rahul’s Physical Appearance
|Height||in feet inches- 6′ 0″ | in meters- 1.83 M|
KL Rahul Family
|Father||KN Lokesh (Dean)|
|Mother||Rajeshwari (History Professor)|
|Expected spouse||Athiya Shetty|
|Coach/mentor||Samuel jayaraj, gk anil kumar, somsekhar shiraguppi, devdas nayak|
KL Rahul’s Net Worth
|Net worth||Rs. 75 Crore|
|Salary||17 Crore +|
|Monthly income||Rs. 1.5 Crore +|
The ace opener of the Indian team struck 1033 Runs in the 2013-14 Ranji Trophy for Karnataka and was the second-highest run-scorer in the tournament. This season he helped the batsman to make his case strong for the Indian team in test cricket.
Unknown Interesting Facts
- KL Rahul is one of the Indian batsmen who score 100 in all three formats. Just Suresh Raina and Rohit Sharma can flaunt this accomplishment with the Indian opener.
- KL Rahul had shown his well-worth inside the longest format in 2014 throughout the Duleep Trophy, very last playing for South Zone. He smashed two centuries in innings of the healthy, scoring 185 within the first innings and a hundred thirty within the second.
- Like an Indian skipper, KL Rahul is addicted to tattoos. He has seven tattoos, with everyone having a full-size meaning. While his committed fanatics recognize the tale in the back of some of his portions, much of the art he has on his skin has been a mystery.
- Rahul changed into being picked inside the Indian group to play in the ACC Emerging Teams Cup in Singapore in August 2013. All the major teams sent their under-23 squads for this event. In that match, Rahul recorded rankings of 46, 88, fifty-one, 43, and 93 not out.
- Like his idol Rahul Dravid, KL Rahul is becoming Team India’s disaster man. In the final 365 days, he has batted at various positions and lately is likewise maintaining wickets ahead of certain wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant.
- KL Rahul managed with the consideration of Dale Steyn while playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad. Steyn even proceeded to make a strong expectation that KL would sooner or later play for India below MS Dhoni, and so he did.
- KL Rahul on Sunday (second Feb 2020) broke captain Virat Kohli’s report to emerge as the Indian batsman with the most runs in a two-sided T20I assortment.
- For his performances during the 2016 IPL season, he was named wicketkeeper in the Cricinfo and Cricbuzz IPL XI. KL Rahul scored 397 runs with a maximum of sixty-eight*.
- In the 2018 IPL Auction, KL Rahul was sold using Kings XI Punjab (now Punjab Kings) for INR eleven crore, the joint-1/3 maximum price within the IPL Auction.
- KL Rahul was offered the Cricketer of the Year award in the sixth version of Wisden India Almanack in 2018.
- For his performances during the 2018 IPL season, KL Rahul was named inside the Cricinfo and Cricbuzz IPL XI. In IPL 2018, KL Rahul scored 659 runs with an average of 54.Ninety-one.
- Rahul received the Orange Cap in IPL 2020 for scoring the most runs in IPL 2020 (670 runs)